Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Scientific American

Topics: Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Linguistics, Computer, etc.); Engineering
Explanation Quality: Best
Medium: Print, Graphics
Type of Content: News

Scientific American is my favorite magazine. I've been subscribed for the past three years. I always get really excited when I see that it has arrived in the mail. Every month the have several feature articles on some new, recent topics. Occasionally, the article is themed and all the featured articles are related. For example, the September 2013 issue is all about food - looking at it from nutritional, ecological, and historical perspectives, among others.

They also have specific columns every month, such as the Science of Health and TechnoFiles. I really enjoy SA because it has a nice variety of articles, and I can learn things in fields that aren't my main interest. I also find it convenient that I can bring a magazine with me to read when I don't have internet.

It is also a very reliable source. I don't need to bring my usual skepticism when reading SA because the writers of the articles are (for the most part) scientists who were involved in the research. 

If you can't subscribe yourself, see if your library does. It is also worth checking out their website as they have some full articles there as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment