Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

MinutePhysics

Topics: Physics; Math
Explanation Quality: Better
Medium: Video
Type of Content: Educational

MinutePhysics is a YouTube channel focusing on - you guessed it -physics! All of the videos are time-lapsed drawings (it looks like they are down on a white board) with a voice over. The videos are never very long, usually three minutes or less. Two of my favorites are the video on quantum tunneling and the one on round triangles.

Because the videos are short, watching them is a fun way to learn a bit about a lot of different areas of physics. Last year, when the LHC discovered the Higgs Boson like particle, MinutePhysics made a few videos explaining what the Higgs Boson would do and why it was important. Some of the videos cover common physics misconceptions. Overall, I really like the way he both explains and illustrates his points. It really helps my understanding. And since the explanations and drawings often have a bit of humor, that makes me like them even more.

Basically, if I have nothing to do, I can go check out MinutePhysics and consistently be both entertained and educated. So go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment